Excitement is building for next week’s Eco Technology Show, with even more eco innovations and activities confirmed for the highly interactive event.
An action packed family friendly day out, the show will include three exciting exploration zones encompassing: Eco Build, Renewable Energy, Office, and Home, Transport, Technology and Innovation zones.
With over 120 exhibits confirmed including an ultra modern transport collection and the latest in environmentally friendly products from eco stoves to waterless urinals, further new additions have been added to the Show’s already packed programme including:
A new Waste Resource Zone hosted by Freegle and Sussex Green Living showcasing how waste can be used as a resource.
- Children’s Waste Resource Recycling Trail competition and Green Games with Pedro and his recycled robots.
- A Foto Document installation featuring Rodney Dekker’s Reclaimed Journey’s exhibition which he commissioned about waste and recycling in Australia.
- New free business workshops covering Sustainability on a Shoestring, Green and Sustainable Technology, Greening your Business, Saving money on Utility Bills, One Planet Living and Cities for Change.
Visitors to the show will also be able to enjoy free 15 minute consultations with experts in build, finance, energy, waste or transport issues in the Advisory Hub. Experts, including eco celebrity Oliver Heath, will be in attendance to offer advice and expertise on all aspects of eco living and working.
Nicola Gunstone, commercial director at The Eco Technology Show, comments: “We are absolutely delighted, not only with the variety of eco technology led products and experts participating in this year’s Show, but also with the interest already expressed by businesses and members of the public. Over 1,600 tickets have already been sold in advance, which really demonstrates a growing appetite in the region for making eco technologies an intrinsic part of our lives.”
“With so many eco events happening across Brighton next week, it’s an ideal opportunity to learn more about the latest eco innovations from across Europe and the cost savings these can offer. Whether you are interested in new inventions, sustainable fashion or making your home an eco haven there really is something for everyone in Brighton this week.”
Also happening throughout Brighton and Hove will be the Eco Technology Show Fringe, offering visitors a view on eco technology in use in everyday life. This will include:
- Eco Open Houses – Over 20 house holders throwing open their doors to the public, showcasing the very best in self build, energy efficiency and green architecture.
- People’s Day – People’s Day is a community event to celebrate the diverse communities of Brighton & Hove. The city centre is transformed into a street festival showcasing different activities from various communities across the city.
- ‘Sustain’ – a brand new show this year and dedicated to the art of Eco Design, will prove that environmentally conscious fashion design is as exciting and equally as glamorous as the rest of the fashion world. This is a show not to be missed. The Sustain Show is a part of Brighton Fashion Week 2013.
- The Brighton Waste House – A collaboration between private, public and community sectors, The Brighton Waste House at the University of Brighton is the UK’s first house made almost entirely of thrown-away material.
Helping visitors to get ahead and save money with the latest low carbon products, The Eco Technology Show will also include over 70 expert-led free practical workshops and seminars. These will cover a range of topics including; The Green Deal, domestic energy, renovation, new build, renewable energy, innovation, smarter driving and waste.
The Eco Technology Show opens from 9am-5pm on Friday and from 10am-5pm on Saturday 15 June. Tickets are £5 and children under 16 go free. Tickets and further details can be found on the website www.ecotechnologyshow.co.uk