Green homes showcased.
We host green homes from across the globe offered by owners and developers.
Take a look at our Map page and visualise your next dream green home!
If you would like to list your green home, please refer to our List A Home section for more details.
What is a Green Home?
A green home is an environmentally sustainable residence, designed, constructed and operated to minimise or [eliminate where possible] the total environmental impacts and embodied energy use.
The main strategies to achieve a green home include:
- design or certify in accordance with an accredited institution (BREEAM, LEED, Passivhaus, etc.)
- reduced energy loss or consumption (energy efficiency)
- utilising renewable or clean energy sources (microgeneration)
- water conservation (brown and grey water recycling, rainwater harvesting)
- good waste management practices (reduce, reuse, recycle)
Green homes save money, energy, increase comfort and create healthier environments for people to live and work in.
Our glossary explains some of these terms in more detail.