Full Passivhaus conversion of 4 bedroom terrace with 4kWp PV panels in quiet residential street 2 mins walk from Kensal Green station (zone 2).
Price: OIRO £1,100,000
- Property Type: Showcase
- Listing Type: For Sale
- Location: London, United Kingdom
- Price: GBP1,100,000
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 3
- Floor area (sq ft): 1,238
- Condition: Recently renovated
- Energy Efficient Lighting: LED lighting.
- Window Insulation: Triple glazed Passivhaus windows (Green Building Store Eco Contract Ultra).
- Wall, Floor, Roof and Cavity Insulation: External wall insulation front and back (250mm phenolic); Floor insulation (300mm polyisocyanurate); Roof insulation (150mm spray foam between rafters and 200mm phenolic insulation over); Internal airtightness layer (target 0.6 air changes per hour, final test 0.54); Passivhaus doors (Green Building Store Eco Contract Ultra).
- Solar Photovoltaic: 4kWp PV panels (14 Seraphim 285W Mono panels, 8 on front roof and 6 on loft dormer).
- Other Technology: Heat recovery showers; Mechanical Ventilation with Heat Recovery (MVHR) (Paul Focus 200).
- Passivhaus: We are aiming for full Passivhaus, and our calculations indicate we're on course, certification pending. If we don't reach full Passivhaus, we'll certify to Enerphit but the house will be very close to Passivhaus.
- Clean Energy Utility: Electricity and gas supplied by Good Energy with feed-in tariff.
- Grants and Incentives Utilised: Green Deal Home Improvement Fund grant used to help pay for external wall insulation, floor insulation and insulated doors.
- Sustainable Transport (On-site): 2 minutes walk to Kensal Green zone 2 station (Bakerloo line and overground to Euston), 3 minutes walk to bus stops on Harrow Road.
- 1 ensuite
- 2 reception rooms
- Decked back yard incorporating Living Wall and other planters with automatic irrigation system
- 1.2km to big Sainsbury's
- 2 minutes walk to Zone 2 station and 3m to buses
- many quirky local shops