EnglishPoint Marina is contemporary development. It offers apartments living in the comfort, luxury and security of a hotel and will be managed by the award winning team of the Pinewood Village Beach Resort.
Onsite facilities include a hotel, restaurant, spa & gym, serviced marina, watersport centre, boardwalk with retail outlets and underground car parking. EnglishPoint is located on a 4 acre beach front site, across the creek from the historic Fort Jesus and spectacular skyline of Mombasa old town.
All apartments for purchase have a high standard of specification including:
- Air conditioning
- Modern fitted kitchens with integrated appliances
- Modern fitted bathrooms
- Solar hot water
- Utility room with washer/dryer
- Internet, satellite and telephone outlets in all rooms
- Secure underground car parking with storage facility
- Lilfts and staircases to all above-ground apartments
- Communal infinity swimming pool, beach and jacuzzi
- Hotel facilities and servicing available to apartment owners
- Opportunity to rent your apartment through the hotel for investment purposes
- 24 Hour security including CCTV, guards and security lighting
- Free membership to the Nyali Golf Club
Follow this link for development updates by EnglishPoint Marina.
Due for completion July 2013.
Should you decided to buy a unit, upon successful exchange of contracts contact WhatGreenHome to claim your GBP 250 cashback and enjoy a congratulatory bottle of bubbly on us!
Disclaimer: Whilst we make all reasonable efforts to validate the property details and green features of the home provided, we unfortunately cannot guarantee it. Please let us know if you find any information provided here are false or misleading. Please also refer to our Terms & Conditions when you have a moment.
- Property Type: Showcase
- Listing Type: For Sale
- Location: Cement Road, Mombasa, Kenya
- Energy Efficient Appliances: Central AC unit per apartment. A 15 to 20% saving on energy consumption.
- Energy Efficient Lighting: All internal and external lighting are low-energy fluorescents, compact fluorescents and LEDs.
- Window Insulation: Solar glass is used in all the windows and sliding doors. These reduce the cost and demand for mechanical cooling in the development. There is double glazing on some west facing elevations to reduce solar gain.
- Other Energy Efficiency: Apartments have been designed to maximise cross ventilation of the natural sea breezes and reduce the need for mechanical cooling. Special high level windows have been introduced above doors. The eyebrows and overhangs above the balconies reduce solar gain. West facing elevations have specially designed sliding screens that provide protection from direct sunlight yet allow the cooling sea breezes to come through. Special smooth white rendering of outside of buildings - smooth plaster to reduce surface area to sun and white paint to reflect the sun: Less heat absorbed from direct sunlight. Therefore less need for mechanical cooling, resulting in reduced carbon emissions.
- Solar Thermal: All hot water in the development is solar powered.
- Anaerobic Digestion: Raw sewage disposal will produce methane gas from black water recycling which will be used in the hotel kitchens.
- Micro Wind: Studies on wind have shown that while a wind turbine is not economically viable, we will still incorporate the technology so as to further reduce our carbon footprint and make a statement. This will supplement power from the National Grid.
- BREEAM: Considering BREEAM assessment.
- Other Design Principles: Environmental modelling was carried out at the design stage in order to determine the optimum shading strategy for the development so as to reduce solar heat gains. Smooth white exterior finish to reflect the sun and reduce heat absorption to the building fabric. Solar shading to eliminate effects of direct sunlight on apartments. Reduces the cost of cooling the apartments. Solar shutters to eliminate effects of direct sunlight on apartments, reduces the cost of cooling the apartments.
- Water Management: The rainwater from rooftops will be harvested to supplement the water supplied by the city. Condensation from Air Condition units will also be harvested to supplement the water supplied by the city. All Grey and Black water will be treated using four bio digesters and re-cycled for toilet flushing and irrigation of gardens. This initiative alone means we will require up to 40% less water than we would otherwise need for a development this size. Water efficiency measures such as dual flush toilets and aerated taps are standard in all wet areas. We will employ a special drip-feed irrigation system which will reduce water consumption.
- Local and Sustainable Building Materials: Locally sourced coral wall cladding for sea wall and boundary wall. Solid oak door from sustainable forests.
- Impact On Biodiversity: Over 40 different types of plants are being nurtured to maturity in EnglishPoint Marina's nursery: palms, indigenous shrubs, ferns, grasses, reeds, ground cover - and most of these plants have sub-groups. There are more than 20 varieties of palms alone! The final effect will be that of lush tropical gardens. Instead of growing lawns we are taking the eco-friendly 'Xero-scaping' route. Having no lawns means we have no need for fuel-hungry, carbon-emitting lawn mowers. Instead we have shrubbery which promotes indigenous wildlife to thrive. The Lush Links and Courtyard Gardens with fountains, ponds and greenery are not only pleasing to the eye, but will enhance cooling.
- Other: We are installing 4,500 square metres of composite decking instead of using natural timber. The only natural timber used is for the apartment doors. Swimming pool maintenance is done using Ozonator technology instead of chlorine. Likewise for all our water features.
- Bathrooms and kitchens by Porcelanosa of Valencia Spain
- Built-in Siemens kitchen appliances
- Direct views of Mombasa Old Town
- Direct views of Old Port
- Direct views of the Marina
- Samsung washing machine and dryer in utility room
- SONOS music system controlled wirelessly in living area and master bedroom
- Ferry Service
- Pool Deck
- Swimming Pool
- Underground Car Park
- Watersport Centre
- White sandy beach